Pamela Tan is an architectural designer who explores various fields in architecture and design. Her interest mainly lies with the subject of fiction and values in all forms.
Pamela obtained a MArch RIBA Pt. 2 from the University of Greenwich, London and received distinctions for all her architectural design projects. She was the recipient of the PAM-Tan Sri Ar Chan Sau Lai Award 2016. She presented her final year design thesis project entitled ‘Soil City’ for TED X- University Teknologi PETRONAS.
Her work has been published and exhibited namely The Royal Academy of Arts, London, Future Cities 4: Reconciling Opposites, London, East of Eden, London, Architecture Malaysia, Malaysia, Design and Architecture d+a, Malaysia, and Kuala Lumpur Architecture Festival 2017 (KLAF).
Pamela gained experience from number of practices such as Max Dewdney Architect, London, Walkerbush Architect, London, and DTLM Architect, Subang Jaya where she co-led on the award winning 'University Malaya Master Plan Ideas competition 2016' which won first place.
- Malaysian Institute of Architects, (PAM) Tan Sri Ar Chan Sau Lai 2016 Award, Winner.
- Soil City, Design and Architecture (d+a) issue 097.2017, Publication.
- Soil City, and Mappa Mundi , Architecture Malaysia Vol29 issue 2, Publication.
- University Malaya Master Plan Ideas competition 2016, DTLM Architect, Winner.
- Bandar Arkib Taksonomi selected to be displayed for 10X Exhibition: Kuala Lumpur Architecture Festival , KLAF 2017.
- Bandar Arkib Taksonomi, Shorlisted for The Craft Master 2017 competition.
- PJKITA Street and Wall Mural, Publication.
- Footprints project, Masses, Publication.
- Soil City, Sesi Suara 04 : Rukun , Publication.
- Soil City, TED X UTP, Rethinking Tomorrow Conference.
- Footprints, and The Soil City , UN_Exhibition .
- Soil City, SuperArchitects MArch RIBA Part II Thesis, publication.
- Soil City, East of Eden ,Publication, 2015.
- End of year Exhibition 2015, East of Eden, University of Greenwich.
- MArch Part II Architectural Design (Major Project), Distinction.
MAPPA MUNDI: A MAP MAKER'S DREAM 3d model featured at The Royal Academy of Art Summer Exhibition 2015.
- The Soil City, Future Cities 4: Reconciling Opposites, publication.
- Unit 20, Infinite States: Work in Progress Exhibition, University of Greenwich.
- Archive No.149, The Draftery.
- End of year Exhibition 2014, University of Greenwich.
- Bench design selected for Publika, Malaysia Art Platform Kuala Lumpur (MAPKL).
- Student Scholarship for Foundation Year at Taylor's University.